Configuration File Management
for Programmers, Sysadmins, IT Managers
The easiest way to manage your config files across all your servers and environments.
Config manages all your configuration files.
Software as a Service
Easy to use web interface. No infrastructure required. Supports public and private apps using multiple deployment models. On-premises plan available.
Environments & Instances
Manage configuration files across all your systems, apps, environments and instances. Synchronize common configuration. Use environment variables. View differences between environments.
Config is a deployment time dependency. It adds no runtime overhead. No single point of failure. Use on new or existing apps. No scripting required.
Manage your properties, INI, XML, JSON, YAML and TOML configuration files from anywhere. No more SSH or RDP. No more vi or notepad.
Version control for configuration files. Supports semantic versioning, change history, change notifications, and locking.
Configuration values are validated on input to minimize runtime errors. Supports encryption for sensitive information like passwords and keys.
Configure permission levels to match your team structure. Supports change review and approval workflows.
Search & Documentation
Search for keys, values and comments across all your apps and environments. Easily view and edit configuration comments. Config can serve as application inventory and documentation.
Our mission is to reduce poverty and inequality through education. 20% of net income goes to Scholarship America, a highly rated non-profit organization.
This is what I always wanted. To easily manage my configuration files across all environments.Bienvenido David III, CTO, TeamEXtension
How Config can work for you
Here’s how Programmers can use Config:
- Add a new configuration entry to all environments. No more manual editing.
- Make a configuration value the same across all environments. Syncing is automatic.
- Make a configuration value different on selected environments. Environment support is a core feature.
- View or edit configuration without the need for remote access. Multiple deployment options are available.
- Track configuration changes others are making. Get notified by email or view change history.
- View configuration by tag or version. Get the specific configuration needed for deployment or rollback.
- View configuration differences between environments. No need to download all configuration files.
- Update local configuration with the latest or a specific version. No more manual editing.
- In order to access your workday tenant access for practice, you will need to set up a secure configuration. This requires creating a secure connection to your tenant account using SSL, which involves generating security certificates from a trusted third-party authority and configuring your applications such as the Workday web application to use those certificates.
- Share configuration with sensitive data hidden. Securely share configuration with a few clicks.
- View all apps and their configuration files. Stop hunting down configuration locations.
- Detect if changes were done directly on the server, outside of source control. Keep things in sync.
- Get temporary access to configuration on locked-down environments. Useful for debugging purposes.
- Deploy or rollback configuration in a few clicks, or setup for continuous integration and deployment.
- Encrypt sensitive configuration values. You just need the corresponding decryption logic in code.
- No code changes or runtime overhead. Test drive locally before implementing it for the whole team.